I know your situation. You’ve been tasked with hiring a corporate entertainer. It could be that you need to gather massive crowds at your trade show booth. Another possibility is you need entertainment for you company’s sales meeting. Of course, you may be looking for ideas for corporate entertainment simply for fun, like when it’s time to plan the company holiday party.
However, hiring entertainers for corporate events can seem daunting if you’ve never done it before. There are some do’s and don’ts that can make the process much easier.
- Ask corporate event entertainers if they have a demo video you can watch.
- Ask corporate party entertainers if they have insurance.
- Ask if they are full-time event entertainers (many people claim to be professional magicians but it’s really just their hobby).
- Call potential event entertainers on the phone. You won’t believe how many people want to hire entertainment via text messaging or email. Hiring magicians, or other entertainers for corporate events, always involves customization. It’s too complex to do without a phone call.
- Hire a magician based on his or her fee alone.
- Limit your ideas for corporate entertainment to the same old stuff.
- Try to have entertainment that isn’t appropriate for the venue. For instance, hiring a magician to do a stage show for 200 people without a riser or a stage. Instead, hire a professional magician to perform walk-around magic.
- Hire a magician that doesn’t offer a money-back guarantee.
Some other things you can look for when hiring corporate party entertainers in Orange County include reviews and responsiveness. For instance, you can read reviews on Yelp, Thumbtack, GigMasters, and GigSalad.
By responsiveness, I mean, how quickly does the professional magician get back to you with a quote? If you look at the same websites I mentioned for reviews, you’ll often see a response time.
For example, you can go to the Facebook business page of entertainers for corporate events and it will tell you how quickly the magician responds.
If you’re looking for ideas for corporate entertainment, and you’ve never worked with a magician in Orange County, review my list of do’s and dont’s. However, after you’ve made a few phone calls to corporate party entertainers, you’ll get a feel for the difference between a professional magician and a hobbyist. You’ll know, because the pro will make choosing the correct program for your event and guiding you through the process extremely easy.
In closing, working with corporate event entertainers is easy when you’re dealing with a pro. When you call, it’s okay to admit you’ve never hired a professional magician before and that you have a lot of questions. The right performer for your event will make you feel confident and comfortable. However, it’s hard to find out if you have rapport without picking up the phone and talking to the performer. It’s also important to find out if the entertainer is insured, has a demo video, and references you can call. Lastly, check out lots of reviews, see if the magician is responsive, and don’t hire the cheapest entertainer. You certainly get what you pay for when it comes to corporate event entertainers.